Your home might be the largest investment that you make in a lifetime. When the time is right, you want to make sure you can sell it quickly and for top dollar.
Step 1: Find The Right Realtor
The right Realtor will be someone who is familiar with your neighborhood. Being familiar with your neighborhood means understanding why it is special. It also means understanding why a buyer would be interested in calling your street home. Test your Realtor’s knowledge by asking the following types of questions.
- How many homes were sold in your neighborhood in the past year?
- What was the average sale price?
- How long did homes stay on the market?
- What are the unique features of your street and neighborhood?
- Why would a buyer be interested in moving to your street?
- What are the possible negative features of your neighborhood?
- What are the top features of your neighborhood? For example, parks, schools, restaurants, shopping, etc.
Your Realtor should be able to successfully answer the above questions. Next, you should ask about their sale experience. The right Realtor will have at least five years of experience selling homes. A Realtor will need to use their experience to successfully sell your home for top dollar. A Realtor with multiple years of experience will have the network needed to successfully market your home to both local and out-of-state buyers. The Realtor will also have the marketing skills needed to showcase your home to interested buyers.
Speaking of marketing skills, be on the lookout for a Realtor who meets the following criteria.
- The Realtor will properly stage your home.
- Photographs and video will be taken by a professional photographer or videographer.
- Your home will be given a positive description on the MLS.
- The Realtor will use their Real Estate network to help sell your home.
- Advice for increasing curbside appeal will be given.
- ListHub will be used to market your home to in-state and out-of-state buyers. ListHub is the largest platform for national listing distribution.
- Social media marketing will be used. Social media channels will include: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, and YouTube.
- Yard signs and brochure boxes will be strategically placed to maximize effectiveness.
- Direct Response Advertising campaigns will be designed to increase interest in your home.
Through the above marketing tactics, your Realtor will increase the visibility of your home to buyers. In fact, over 50 percent of buyers begin their journey online. This means that your Realtor’s digital marketing skills will play a key role in successfully selling your home. Strategic digital and in-print marketing will help to sell your home for the best price.
Step 2: Don’t Be Fooled By The Cheapest Realtor
Did you know that Realtors work at different commission rates? A Realtor should be confident in their ability to sell your home. When a Realtor isn’t confident, they will jump at the opportunity to reduce their listing fee in order to gain your business. Don’t be fooled.
The right Realtor will protect your investment with their negotiation skills. Be wary of the Realtor who instantly reduces their listing fee. You want to work with a Realtor who won’t simply take your first offer or a buyer’s first offer. Instead, a Realtor should confidently protect your investment. Through excellent negotiation skills a Realtor can obtain the highest offer for your home.
Step 3: List Your Home At The Right Price
The next step in selling your home is to list it at the right price. Your Realtor will help you to determine the best price for your home. The following factors will help you to understand why your home should be listed at a certain price.
- The local Real Estate market will decide the value of your home.
- Remember that markets go up and down. A Realtor will analyze markets to decide when you should list your home.
- A skilled Realtor will help analyze all that your home and street have to offer. This analysis includes comparing the value of other homes on your street.
- Don’t be fooled by online Automated Valuation Models (AVM), such as Zillow’s Zestimate or Redfin’s instant valuation calculator. The latter tools use an algorithm that simply spits out a home value, without weighing the strengths and weaknesses of your specific property.
- A Realtor will conduct an in-home walk-through to prepare a valuation. The walk-through will also take into account the unique features that your entire property has to offer.
Listing your home at the right value will help you to successfully sell it for the best price. Your Realtor will then leverage their marketing skills to present your home to interested buyers. Finally, your Realtor will use valuable negotiation skills to protect your best interests and close the deal.
The Bottom Line: Work With An Experienced Realtor
The moral of the story is clear. You want to sell your home quickly. You want to sell your home for top dollar. If you said yes to both of these things, then you need to work with an experience Realtor.
We are dedicated to helping each client successfully sell their home. Our process begins by creating a custom strategy. We work directly with you to understand your goals. We use proven marketing tactics. Finally, we achieve Real Estate success. Contact us today to sell your home for top dollar.